Saturday, June 26, 2010

Meatballs, Wedding Planning and Pink Laundry

I’m half way through the weekend and am actually quite relaxed ( a big feat since the My Friend Matilda adventure began). Kayden is tucked up in bed and Mike and I enjoyed some Japanese takeaway and some world cup soccer (well Mike enjoyed the soccer) while I had a chat to a girlfriend on the phone. Mike then made me an old time favourite dessert…a Spider (scoop of ice-cream floating on a glass of coke) and he enjoyed some Milo on top of ice-cream! Geeze what a wild night!

This week we have been super busy organizing orders and working on the My Friend Matilda Facebook fan page. We now have 270 members..not a bad effort . Any fans reading this for the first time this week? Say hello in the comment box below!!

We have also had over 3000 visitors to the website this month which I am really happy with. I hope to double that over the next couple of months so I will keep you updated.

We have had new stock and orders arriving every morning this week! I think the courier is used to me opening the door in my night gown each morning juggling a crazy puppy and a dribbling bub with wild bed hair (that’s me with the wild bed hair…Kayden…he has none!)



My favourite packages this week have been the reusable sandwich and snack bags by LunchSkin.They range in price from 12.95 – 14.95 and with shipping at the flat rate of $2 they are great value and super cute! Not to mention good for the environment. Buy them here: http://www.myfriendmatilda.bigcartel.com/category/eco-friendly-organic-products




Kayden has also been sporting his new Earth Lust water bottle in the Owl design! He is quickly perfecting the drink cap attachment which is a surprise since he doesn’t normally take to sippie cups etc. I also have the Sparrow design in the Earthlust 600ml range which has a handy clip that I use to attach the bottle to my pram with when walking on the coast.

See yourself with one of these funky bottles? Find them here: http://www.myfriendmatilda.bigcartel.com/category/eco-friendly-organic-products





On the home front I had the neighbours drooling as the smell of my delicious Tuscan meatballs cooking permeated the street (if I do say so myself)…What makes them Tuscan? The packet mix says they are and who am I to argue :)




The 1st of October is closing on us (our wedding date) and things are starting to get a bit scary. I feel quite unorganized and need to get into “wedding mode” a bit more.

This week I made two rules which I WILL FOLLOW:

The first one is less time on the business and more time on me (as per Mikes instructions).
I have decided to shut shop each night at an acceptable hour and either go to bed or read my book…the Oprah Biography.

I was starting to lose the plot earlier in the week when I found the T.V remote in my handbag whilst in the chemist and I also managed to make an entire load of white laundry pink when I stupidly put a red dressing gown in the machine without thinking about what was already in there! Thanks to some helpful Facebook fans we now have the situation covered and Kaydens pink nappies are now white again!

The second rule is at least 30 minutes a day on wedding planning. I think before I had Kayden it would have been a whole different scenario with me needing to take a step back from the wedding and reminding myself not to let it rule my life. Thank goodness I have a super organized Mum and helpful bridesmaids who I know are there for me if I need a hand!

Anyway, as I just mentioned above I am going to shut up shop and head off to bed.

Don’t forget this week we have 15% off Earth Lust water bottles! - http://www.myfriendmatilda.bigcartel.com/category/eco-friendly-organic-products

Please leave a comment…as I have a feeling I am the only one reading these blogs (besides my ever loyal parents)


Xoxo Bek, My Friend Matilda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about your week Bek.Glad to hear things have started well in the business and I am sure wdding plans are well under way
Love Aunty Linda

Sonia said...

i always read your blogs bek. didnt realise i could leave a msg. :)
im amazed that you could get the pink out of the nappies. must keep that in mind for the next time i fudge up the washing!

Anonymous said...

Hey beki
i love reading your blogs, very entertainng and you do put a glamerous fun spin on motherhood and being a working mum. You look so happy in your pics. You go girl!
amanda

Anonymous said...

Wow - maybe u need to put super woman in ur resume as well. U r doing fab keep it up, Julie x